Who May Join EDRM?
EDRM membership is open to everyone, provided the time and money requirements are met. We reserve the right to exclude from membership individuals or organizations that, in our opinion, are unwilling to participate in a constructive manner; this a right we are extremely reluctant to exercise.
Members are expected to contribute their time and expertise, without which EDRM and its projects and initiatives could not function and would not succeed. We do not set minimum time requirements; rather, we ask that members make a good faith effort to be active, productive contributors. We strongly suggest that members limit themselves to one or two sets of activities.
Membership is for a 12-month period, renewable annually. For example, membership for an organization or person joining in May 2016 will need to be renewed 12 months later, in May 2017.
Membership does not include meeting attendance fees.
Join EDRM as an Organization
Types of Organizational Members
- Providers, law firms, corporations: This includes businesses and firms that sell or consume e-discovery and/or information governance services and/or software who wish to participate in EDRM programs and projects and have access to members-only materials, including white papers, webinars, datasets, documents in production, and other resources.
- ACEDS Affiliate Member Providers & Law Firms: These are providers and law firms that currently are ACEDS Affiliate Members.
- Observer Organizations (including academia and the judiciary): These are entities such as academic institutions, government agencies, and the judiciary that may not wish to pay a membership fee but are interested in receiving educational materials, invitations to events, and access to e-discovery resources. Some observer organizations may be able to participate on project teams; contact EDRM directly if you wish to participate in our work but are unable to join.
Organizational Member Benefits
- Unlimited number of people from organization may participate.
- Organization may participate in one or more projects and/or initiatives.
- Organization has access to members-only content. If you elect to pay by credit card when you join, you will receive an email payment confirmation that also will contain the link to download the Members-Only Micro Dataset.
- Organization is listed on EDRM site as a member.
- Organization may promote its membership in EDRM.
- Organization may use EDRM membership logos on its websites, in printed materials, etc.
- All members are added to EDRM’s mailing list.
- Organization receives discounted registration to Duke Conferences (20% discount on first registration, up to $500; 10% on subsequent registrations, up to $250).
- Organization receives one subscription to Judicature, the scholarly journal for judges produced by the Duke Law Center for Judicial Studies.
- Organization receives priority consideration for invitation-only events sponsored by the Duke Law Center for Judicial Studies.
Join as an Organization Now
Join EDRM as an Individual
Types of Individual Members
- Individual EDRM Members: Individual members are people who join EDRM as individuals rather than as part of an organization. If your organization is an EDRM member, you do not need to join as an individual member. If you join as an individual, that does not make your organization a member.
- Joint EDRM/ACEDS Individual Members: These are individuals who belong both to EDRM and to ACEDS. Joint membership costs less than separate membership in the two organizations.
- Student Members: Current students of an accredited university may join EDRM as individuals during the time they are students. Student members receive the same level of access as Observer Organization members.
Individual Member Benefits
- Individual members may participate in one or more projects and/or initiatives.
- Individual members have access to member-only content.
- Individuals members are listed on EDRM site.
- Individual members may use advertise or promote their membership in connection with their own individual offerings – but not in connection with organizational offerings.
- Individual members may use EDRM membership logos on their own individual website or individual printed materials but not on organizational websites or materials.
- All members are added to EDRM’s mailing list.
- Individual members receive discounted registration to Duke Conferences (10% per registration, up to $250 per event).
- Individual members receive one subscription to Judicature, the scholarly journal for judges produced by the Duke Law Center for Judicial Studies.
- Individual members may receive priority consideration for invitation-only events sponsored by the Duke Law Center for Judicial Studies.