Joint photographic expert group
- One format of electronic graphic image file supported by the web. JPEG files end with the suffix jpg. Other image formats include Graphic Interchange Format (GIF) and Portable Network Graphic (PNG).
- A compression algorithm for condensing the size of image files. JPEGs are very helpful in allowing access to full-screen image files on-line because they require less storage and therefore are quicker to download into a web page.
- An image compression format used for storing color photographs and images.
- An image compression standard for photographs.
- A standard algorithm for the compression of digital images and the files that result from encoding an image using this algorithm.
- Vinson & Elkins LLP Practice Support, EDD Glossary.
- RSI, Glossary.
- Formerly American Document Management, Glossary of Terms, now 5i Solutions Glossary.
- Kroll Ontrack, Glossary of Terms, http://www.krollontrack.com/glossaryterms